1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It was very odd to read the daughter's writing/complaint, which wasn't the first one I've come across (from her) that's so off. There was another in which my friend was bitching about some electioneer hawking free hot dogs down at the headquarters of so-and-so (some local yokel candidate). The daughter's take was that could be data that might lead to a "restoration" of the pre-clearance section of the VRA (like that happens via some "public commentary" thing). She's a doctoral candidate in history at a damn-near CHYMPS, but her political posts/comments put me in "Huh?" territory in very short order.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Election night prep.

UPChip likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Basically, though there's something of a middle man, I think. The evangelical talking heads of the world, the James Dobsons and the like, know they would get short shrift in a Clinton administration, so they lobby their flocks that way in an effort to retain political relevance.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I did but that was unrelated to the election. I ate a lot of concession stand food at Disneyland yesterday

HC, HanSenSE, Baron Scicluna and 3 others like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Another tweet I found amusing today said it's inevitable Hillary is elected to continue the Star Trek captain order:

White guy, white guy, black guy, woman, Scott Bakula.

A coworker chimed in, "Janeway did wear a pantsuit, of sorts."

8. RickStain

Trump's party tonight is cash bar

Riptide, HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Question for later tonight: How will Trump concede? If at all? He's acted liked a spoiled child several times already during this campaign, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him take the no-class route and, at the very least, dump all over Hillary as he gracelessly exits the stage. Or he'll say the voting was rigged and that's why he lost by 800,000 votes ...

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Sparky Lyle time.

Webster likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somebody had to say it ...

One of the best things about this election is that I won't have to watch news-side congratulate themselves over getting through a night that is no tougher than a typical high school football Friday night.

*getoffmylawn*

12. RickStain

It is hard to predict what Trump will do because you want to try to frame it rationally but he is not of sound mind.

I can see it two ways:

1) no speech

2) try to give a magnanimous speech to show how awesome he is and try to spin how losing is actually winning, but isn't able to stick with that tone and drops in some whining about riggers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.