1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tell me you're not gonna fry that T-bone. Tell me that.

Anything but a grill is an abomination. Especially for a Trump Steak.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pan-seared

And some of this exit poll data does not make me warm and fuzzy

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Coming to a newsroom near you tonight:

[​IMG]

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I fixed up a tilapia dish for lunch so I can get away with newsroom pizza.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I had Jimmy John's for lunch, so no supper for me tonight other than beer and a Bushmills on the rocks (or three). I'd rather have the 15-year Macallan that another poster has, but my wife shits a brick (crosspost!) if I spend that much money on alcohol. Of course, she likes her wine and the occasional perfect dirty martini that I make, so ...

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I said just that to my publisher the other day when he mentioned he was planning to order pizzas for our news staff. He responded by saying, "Yeah, but we have 12 football Fridays and only one election night," meaning, "Yeah, we're not spending money on this every week."
    Thanks, buddy. I'll try to remember that the next time I'm hustling back to the office and have a choice of either going through the drive thru or missing deadline, and I choose the latter.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Where?

And if you run a marathon with minimal training, that's an accomplishment. I can see why the news folk do (winded) victory laps post-election.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

MSNBC, but I think the data is shared across outlets. Latino and African American percentages not as strong for Clinton as I'd hoped.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hearing he and his son on a couple of talk shows today, they've planted the seeds of, "Well, at least we started a movement and that's what's important."
    So I assume they'd couch it that way.
    "Thank you for your support. Even though we lost, we stood up for you and made your voice heard on both sides of the aisle. Hillary still sucks."
    A large part of it likely depends on the margin of victory. If it's a repeat of 2000, where one close state decides things, of course he doesn't concede. Why should he, until the recounts are done.
    If Hillary wins a few of those states Trump knows he has to win like North Carolina and Florida, especially by comfortable margins, then he'll have little choice but to exit stage left. No amount of effort is going to find 50,000 or 100,000 votes in multiple states.

Now, if Trump does win, how does Hillary concede?
    "Are you fucking kidding me, America!?"

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is first exits. My Disneyland brick poop was more meaningful

11. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I have one out of school and another in 11th grade. Enjoy having kids at home because they grow up fast and the empty nest royally sucks

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

The Latino vote they are talking about is out east. The numbers should improve greatly as the night goes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.