1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well.

I thought I knew America. I was wrong. I'm sorry, women. I'm sorry, blacks. I'm sorry, Mexicans and Muslims. I'm sorry my country elected an unabashed sexist, racist bigot as president. And that the Senate races followed suit.

The Voting Rights Act is dead. And all the progress, such as it is, from the last 40-plus years has been shit on. Generations of our children will feel the repercutions, especially our daughters, from the Supreme Court decision that are sure to follow.

I'm sorry we weren't better than everything Trump represents. I'm sorry we had such an unpopular candidate in Hillary Clinton. I'm sorry we fucked this up so completely.

And, most especially, I'm sorry that I don't believe Republicans will in any way try to enact legislation that the vast majority of the county believes in. I'm sorry I don't believe in the better nature of the GOP.

The last 30 years has taught me better. The last 30 years has shown me exactly who the GOP is. The last 30 years has made this Trump victory inevitable.

Rejoice, Republicans. Try not to fuck it up.

I have my doubts. I have my doubts.

wicked, gingerbread and HanSenSE like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, I heard that their immigration site has gone dark. Too much traffic.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wrote two weeks here about all the Trump and a Johnson signs that I saw in Wisconsin when we drove to see family. They were everywhere. More than Romney. More than Bush.

Wisconsin Democrats didn't have a lot of exciting choices. Hillary Clinton. Russ Feingold. Two politicians whose high-water mark each came in 1992.

I'll always wonder about the Sanders voters who said "F it" and didn't show up in the Upper Midwest.

Tweener likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. And the GOP regains control of a Supreme Court that is now just another political body.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

War of 1812 taught Canadians that Late Loyalists are worthless.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure, why not?

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

My fellow Republicans will screw it up. We always overplay our hand. Every damn time.

Republicans didn't win this. Hillary Clinton lost it.

FileNotFound and SnarkShark like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Another thing: one good thing that'll come from tonight for the democrats is a firm understanding that it needs to get away from being a celebrity party that cares for winning just the presidency. Down the ballot races and candidates matter.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How are MSNBC and CNN about 10 minutes behind AP?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a lot of republicans were secretly hoping Clinton won. Trump isn't their kind of republican. And now - instead of staunchly opposing Clinton, they have a mandate. Good luck being in full power, GOP

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What's a celebrity party? A reality tv buffoon just waltzed into the White House on the GOP ticket.

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.