1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is it now official that Hillary Clinton is the worst major party presidential candidate in American history?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And while we're at it, can we start ignoring the "science" of polling? And the "insider" pundits?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So all this shit I read here about Clinton's ground game, and GOTV, what the F happened? And trump had no ground game,and offices closing.. all bs, right?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched Fox News for the entire count to victory. 1, it was pretty good and 2, it was surreal once they announced Ohio, then North Carolina, then Florida ...

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

6. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Not sure how this can be seen as anything other than an utter repudiation of the entire system of politics as usual.

If the Republican establishment thinks this is a win for them, they are missing the boat as usual.

Trump is the third party and he just kicked everyone's asses.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Really? The last popular vote numbers I saw (about 12 seconds ago) were dead even.

8. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Turns out Michael Moore was right. The little guy was tired of getting fucked over by DC, and he made a statement loud and clear last night.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This is 100 percent correct.

The most important (and probably the most accurate) poll number in this entire election cycle was the one that showed a significant majority of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Arizona State Football of politics.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What time do the factories reopen?

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fair comment. Although I will note she likely will win the popular vote by a whisker. I'm not sure campaigning and her candidacy in the traditional sense made that much difference. People voted longstanding grievances, Men of all ethnic and racial background were x percent less likely to back her than they were Obama because they didn't want a woman President. Put that on top of eight years of increasing racial resentment, you get a loss. Those things were beyond her control. She won all three debates. What else could she have done? Campaigned in central Pennsylvania. Wouldn't have done any good.
    To repeat my point earlier, Trump can preside over a very right wing but minimally competent administration in which others do the work and he makes speeches before adoring crowds, or he can try to be the one big boss and come to grief because he has knowledge of the subject matter. He takes office with the same problem Clinton would've had. Half the country hates his guts. Moreover, it's afraid of him. If he lightens up, he can be a big political success. If he doubles down on the hate and rage, well, we'll all lose, lose quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.