1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's why all the "we're going to take it back in 2018" bullshit is just pipe dreaming.

It's gone.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

More like Charlie Weis. Decided schematic advantage and all that.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

47% of the ballots cast for President were for Republican candidates, 52% of the ballots cast for the House, and 47% in Senate races

This led to 100% of the executive branch, 55% of the House and 68% of available Senate seats. They now have unchecked control over the federal government.

Rules are rules though. Fucking dead people

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

First of all, appreciate the new "president-elect" thread, Moddy. I believe the old one ran its course; Trump DOES cheat at golf. (He's not the first president to do so, either).

A lingering footnote: Apparently Michigan still hasn't officially been called for Trump. He's leading by a slim enough margin that the formal canvassing of votes and a few county-level recounts could shave off some of his vote total.

The unofficial vote tally in Michigan:
    Trump: 2,277,914
    Clinton: 2,264,807
    Johnson: 172,726
    Stein: 51,420
    Castle: 16,125
    Soltysik: 2,231

More details: Michigan Election Results Update: Did Trump Really Win the State?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's important to note this is the encapsulation of the right wing screech machine talking point we're going to hear for the next 50 years: Obama was an absolute unmitigated Fucking disaster, but what else can you expect when you elect a neegro president? So just think of that if you're ever thinking of nominating another one.

This is the motivation behind the upcoming Trumpkrieg to wipe everything associated with Obama off the books -- as if it never happened.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I hadn't heard all that in November-December 2004 I'd be more inclined to believe it.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True ...

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Which journal do you think is the best fit for your research?

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yes, and I've found it ironic -- and wonder if they've noticed -- how all the post-election protests and violence that's gone on the past few days has done nothing -- except prove that Clinton supporters are...hmm...JUST like they claimed and feared Trump supporters would be if their candidate lost. And maybe even worse.

Funny, isn't it? Most people generally are not much different, or better than, anybody else.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

But, no. I led him right where I wanted him to go.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This one. I'm doing groundbreaking work here

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

@RickStain has no peer ... who would be qualified to judge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.