1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm willing to temporarily cede parity to Michael Moore, Nate Silver and Scott Adams

2. RickStain

That is some YF levels of false equivalence. A couple of windows got smashed that the protestors tried to stop and are raising money to pay for, and one of the protestors got shot.

That is exactly the same as what the "armed revolution" folks were threatening...

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Or, maybe he knew Comey to actually be the upright, transparent man of integrity that he cited and really believed him to be, and maybe he knew there actually was something to the initial FBI investigation, as Comey first alluded, that was successfully tamped down/negotiated between Lynch and the Clintons.

That could have been so even if nothing in Huma's later-investigated emails was found to have anything to do with anything else.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So, you're just fine with what's been going on?

It's garbage, it's pointless, and it's stupid in the extreme. It will do nothing but cause and exacerbate the exact problems they have claimed to want to avoid.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As if 4,000 pages discussing Trump's golf game wasn't enough.

You wonder if all the marches and social media outrage will turn into more positive action after 1/20/17, or will people go back to posting videos of their cat or photos of what's for dinner?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If there had been anything substantial on Huma's laptop, Hillary would have and should have been indicted.

But there wasn't. All we got was another week of "argle bargle crooked Hillary emails, hadda yadda."

And then, on Sunday, "never mind."

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd rather have the marches and outrage ...

RickStain likes this.
  8. RickStain

I'm fine with non-violent demonstration. I'm not fine with property destruction.

Doubling down on the false equivalence doesn't make it better

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I'll gladly protect our border for our new President. All hail President Trump!

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I absolutely don't think we should abolish the electoral college but two facts are still really, really depressing.

Clinton will win the popular vote by at least a million and a half votes. And she will get more votes than any presidential candidate ever except for Obama.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

North Dakota thanks you!

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Time table for The Wall to finish and the jobs to come back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.