1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He beat her by 60 EVs, but let's show some humility with your agenda.

LOL. Do they realize how ridiculous they sound.

2. YankeeFan

Poor Ben. Post election Twitter hasn't been much fun for him.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd like to rewrite the whole thing, but sure, I'm willing to abolish the Senate. The filibuster is getting blown up in two months so it won't serve any purpose.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. RickStain

Elections have consequences

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

cyclingwriter2 and RickStain like this.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I really didn't mean for that to sound as condescending as it did. But I grew up in the Midwest and lived on the NC/SC state line for a while (which I'm not even sure counts as DEEP South) and it's...different.

The history is different. The underlying tension isn't there. It's weird, because when the black or Filipino or even the Mormon people moved to town it was met with wonder. It was like a novelty. I'm not sure that's exactly better, but it's different.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That's the funniest thing I have read all week!

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. RickStain

Having lived in a lot of Midwestern non-south small towns, the first one is a novelty. It isn't until the balance starts to shift a bit too much that things get colorful.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Two hit the Twin Towers. One hit the Pentagon. The fourth was going to hit either the White House or the Capitol.

Two possible Washington targets have been discussed: the White House and the Capitol Building. According to the 9/11 Commission Report, Mohamed Atta, the leader of the 9/11 plot and pilot of Flight 11, met with Ramzi Binalshibh in Spain in July, 2001 to receive final instructions conveyed from Osama bin Laden. Binalshibh, coordinator for the 9/11 plot, and now in U.S. custody, said that Atta understood Bin Ladin's interest in striking the White House, but Atta said he thought this target too difficult. Atta explained to Binalshibh his plan to have two of the planes hit the World Trade Center, one fly into the Pentagon, and one hit the Capitol Building. If any pilot could not reach his intended target, Atta said, he was to crash the plane. Statements entered at the Moussaoui hearing in April 2006 also indicate that the Capitol Building was the most-likely target for Flight 93. There is also evidence that the date of the attack was chosen to coincide with the return of both the House and Senate to session after the summer break. However, at least one family member has indicated that she was told by the authorities that the plane was destined for the White House."

Sources and Detailed Information - Flight 93 National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Vigorous jacking off gesture.

However to give due credit, she did not inform us she had written the tweet in the nude, and attached pictures of her crotch to prove it. Small steps.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And for that let us be truly thankful ...

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The last two sentences had to be trolling, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.