1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

was this another Facebook post?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Her party dress always feels tight and itchy.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It will. It always amuses me how many people say they hate New York but love it when they visit.

As an annoying Manhattanite, Midtown is already a total nightmare with security and road closures/traffic because of the election.

Of course, it won't matter if Trump comes here every weekend or not. The building is a target now, regardless.

You've got to think many tenets will move out. Nobody wants to deal with that every day.

Hope it doesn't substantially increase the city as a terrorist target. We're always the No. 1 target anyway.

RickStain likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Yep. Usually good discussion here. Glad this can keep going.

I'm miserable about the election result, but this is the most unusual time in modern American politics. Lots to talk about and digest.

Neutral Corner and TowelWaver like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Care to elaborate? Ken Blackwell is anti-gay. So is Mike a Pence. You don't think they want to limit gay rights?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What Pope Francis said about Donald Trump

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

A few years ago both Clinton and Obama were anti-gay marriage and no one held it against them. Now that some religious people who still hold this view are horrible, evil bigots because they support the moral code they have lived with all their life. They are not going around four deep in pick-up trucks looking for gay looking people to beat up. Of course they are voting for Trump.

The LGBT agenda is now dogma for liberals and this happened overnight in the political timescale. Politically, Obama went way to fast and far with the T part. This was a real strategic error, he should have treated this like marijuana reform. I mean has the majority decided that bathrooms, locker rooms, sports teams should all be unisex? I don't think so, and I think woman care about this a lot more than men; women would not want to compete against men athletically. If the division is to made, is it to be based on ones preference for clothes, shoes, makeup and cosmetic surgery?

8. Just the facts ma am

I hear you Starman. I felt the same way and have posted similar thoughts here recently. I have always criticized Obama as a wimp. That's still how I feel mostly, but sometimes I think he is smarter than me.

9. Deskgrunt50

The people who hold the anti-gay view ARE horribly wrong and bigoted. Without a shred of doubt.

My question to anyone is always: What the fuck does it matter to you? It doesn't change your life. It doesn't affect you. It doesn't change your marriage. What the fuck do you care?

The people who are against gay marriage ARE HORRIBLE, AFWUL FUCKING IDIOTS.

End of story. If you are against gay people, you are a bigot. Just like Mike Pence and Ken Blackwell.

Own it. The jury is out on Trump. I'll give him a chance until he proves me wrong.

Pence? Blackwell? Anyone bigoted against gay people?
    I proudly say: Go Fuck Yourself, Bigot.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jesus Fucking Christ

11. Just the facts ma am

Man I was so, so depressed just starting to come out of it today. Appreciate the new thread Moddy! For some of us this is valuable therapy. :D

12. Deskgrunt50

Whee! A gloating bigot! Adding so much to the conversation! Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.