1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

New TV show ... CSI: Internet

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't be a twit. There have been hundreds of these incidents. They're not all made up. Trump supporters have posted the home addresses of Jewish reporters. Maggie Haberman of the NY Times found hate mail hand delivered to her doorstep. The millions of Trump supporters who're not dangerous assholes need to take this seriously. If they want the rest of us to give their guy a fair shake, this will prevent it.

LongTimeListener and Killick like this.
  3. Songbird

HC likes this.
  4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's time for moderate Trumpslims to prove they are against radical Trumpslamic terrorism by reporting their neighbors?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

New York is fucking great. Not sure how politics figure into that but I love it here. Of course, I loved DC, too. And if I was somehow forced to move again, I might figure out a way to get to Chicago.

I guess I'm just a city guy, though I loved living in the woods outside DC right on the Potomac River, too.

I guess I'm just a confused old man.

BUT NEW YORK IS FUCKING GREAT.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

It sure is. I love Boston with all my heart, but New York is as great as you say.

7. Michael_ Gee

As winter comes in, I am reminded of something else great about New York. As a co-worker of mine once said, when it snows in New York, it's somebody else's problem, not yours.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We got that big ol' storm last January and when I went out the next morning, the streets and sidewalks were clear.

I dig Boston, too, though I haven't been there in years. The major cities, for the most part, are pretty cool

9. Songbird

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They may not be "all" made up, but many of them are, and very few have a police report, or even cell phone video.

And, as reprehensible as it is, Conservative Jewish reporters/authors/pundits were harassed with anti-Semitic messages on Twitter for over a year.

Why did this only become an issue when mainstream media types were targeted?

It's really disgusting that this was ignored when the targets weren't media darlings.

11. Songbird

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.