1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Figure head? Delegator in Chief?

How will he run his administration?

2. YankeeFan

I don't think his campaign had many leaks.

It was very small, and very few people knew anything important.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My God, YF. Remember the long Haberman profile of Trump after the Billy Bush tape mired in depression and wandering around his place in Trump Tower? His staff was ready to throw him over the side anonymously right then. They're already leaking stories about chaos on the transition team. He has a small group of people who have deep personal loyalty to him. But a campaign has many more people than that in it, and an administration many, many, many times more. Right now it's being said that Chief of Staff is either Bannon or Priebus. Could be complete bullshit. But if it isn't, the people who wanted the other guy will be on speed dial to reporters buzzing about what a disaster the Chief is.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think there is a very big difference in fighting to keep rights from being shared equally. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. If you don't believe in interracial marriage, don't marry someone of another race. The intent to prevent others from sharing a right you enjoy makes it different.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's not nearly as clean-cut as you're making it out to be.

6. YankeeFan

Is Keith Ellison going to be the next DNC Chairman? He already has Chuck Schumer's support, and is only public rival for the job appears to be Howard Dean.

7. YankeeFan

I've acknowledged your point. You haven't replied to mine.

Why is it worse if you seek constitutional support for your beliefs?

Republicans, as well as Obama and Clinton, we're all against gay marriage.

What makes Republicans worse for seeking a Constitutional Ammendment?

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's true. I just personally can't come up with a reason for opposing same sex marriage other than religious conviction or 'it's icky' .. neither of which is sufficient to deny the right to marriage IMO.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Because I haven't seen a reason given that doesn't come down to religion or personal discomfort. What is the basis for fighting to deny rights to a significant portion of the population?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Please. My point has nothing to do with the underlying issue.

I'm not against gay marriage. Take that out of it.

I'm asking why it's worse to seek constitutional support for a belief -- any belief?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "blind trust" stuff is bullshit, always has been. Nobody with an IQ above freezing temperature ever believed it.

Trump ain't giving up ownership or control of one fucking thing.

And as far as his portfolio transactions being "public information" -- LMAOOO -- just like his tax returns, eh?

Nothing will become "public information" that God Emperor Trump doesn't want to.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's enshrining your opposition to a civil right as the law of the land. Obama and others were opposed, but recognized, first, that this shouldn't necessarily bind, say, San Francisco and, second, that people might change their minds about what remained an emerging issue.

I voted "no" to the Indiana constitutional amendment to adopt a right to hunt in fish. In practice, I support a vague right to hunt and fish.

I would support a repeal of the Second Amendment, but endorse most laws protecting gun ownership.

FileNotFound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.