1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. No.

The big concern among women on the left is that he's going to take away their birth control.

Get your IUD now. Stock up on Plan B while you can.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It would be funny to see it parallel the ammo industry's hoodwinking.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Here's how Vermont turned blue guv to red guv in 4 short years (2012, 2014, 2016 elections).

1 12-36-58.png
    3 12-36-58.png

2 12-36-58.png

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well ... I would argue that in the matter of same-sex marriage it's not difficult to frame it that way no matter which way you come down, because the spouse-to-spouse aspect isn't the only one ... there's the couple-to-everyone-else aspect, too. Perhaps there's just no way to cleanly work marriage, of any sort, through a Constitutional lens.

5. RickStain

Calexit is being given material support by Putin.

Damn that mad genius, he got to me and I didn't even realize it. This is how Trump probably felt

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fucking reprehensible. Haven't read any further than this so I'm sure this isn't a novel thought, but if you want unambiguous condemnation, I happily give you mine.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yep. To lot of decent people there were two terrible choices. I don't agree that there wasn't one better than the other, but I can see how people felt that way. So you end up with a lot of people who hate so much about what Trump says and represents, but voted based on maybe one or two issues that hit closer to home.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

Trump didn't bring in any new voters either. He got the same numbers the Republican has gotten the last three or four times.

This wasn't about the racists or the non-racist Republicans who will accept racism to get lower taxes or whatever.

This was about the liberal bubble refusing to listen to the 2008 primary voters, the 2016 blue state primary voters and the unfavorables polling when everyone kept trying to tell us "we really don't like Hillary Clinton."

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well I'll be damned.

RickStain and YankeeFan like this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The weak ineffective Republican establishment in Washington needs to be shitcanned.
    The entire House 'leadership', and the entire Senate 'leadership'.
    Start doing what the people have demanded, or get the fuck out of the way.

Specifically:
    Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House
    Kevin McCarthy, House Majority Leader
    Steve Scalise, House Majority Whip

And don't forget:
    Bitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader
    John Cornyn, Senate Majority Whip

And all their buddies and cronies.
    The House and Senate have leadership elections coming up, and these people need to understand they've been repudiated and they need to stand down.

Time to take out the trash.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In other news, I guess Old Tony is still at the bar ... :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.