1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Don't think that fucktard Kaepernick didn't contribute to this unpleasant electoral result, either.
    Hopefully someone will save some Play-Doh and a plushy bean-bag chair for that asshole to sit in his "safe space", with the other culture warriors.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's what I'm most afraid of, is an over reach and lack of attention on important things to focus on lost or silly causes that will only serve to rile up those most opposed to them.
    They had this chance once before, in the early 2000s, and screwed it up. So did the Democrats in that 2006-10 period. Politicians just can't help themselves when they get full control, and that's what scares me most about this time period. Republicans could very well over reach with an eye toward "punishing" the left, which is only going to lead to Democrats taking everything back over in 2020. And then the Democrats will take it as a mandate and over reach, with even more punitive measures.
    The Republicans need to be strong, but measured in their approach for the good of everything and everyone.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are we still allowed to talk about how Trump cheats at golf on this thread?

Riptide and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Paradoxically, this is also the biggest fear of many Democrats. Trump going out of control and Republicans afraid/unable to hold him back.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I didn't say Boomers are exclusively Republicans but Millennials are much more socially progressive and are coming of age to start taking real seats of power. The Democratic Boomer leadership failed to inspire the Millennial generation (and arguably Gen Xers too) to vote in large enough numbers to hold back a Trump presidency.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

Mike-
    As the professor prophesied, Dumbald will be impeached.
    Pence is the useful wooden puppet they want.
    We have our first shadow government.
    I predicted this years ago and was mocked.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh, I believe someone whispered in his ear that the plan is to name yourself Prime Minister in 2024 and then run again for president in 2028. Works like a charm.

Well, fuck. We should have tried to declare Justice Thomas dead a few years ago.

Damn, I hate that term. To many people, "socially progressive" = "nothing is wrong; everything is alternate". Look forward to the day when stealing is "alternate income."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Reid's spokesman doubled down as a response. He's not scared.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

I agree. I would be very careful what you type about this creature online, and his handlers.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's not going to happen. They are going to run things while Trump plays CEO. Well, they are as well as all the industry execs and lobbyists that he's picking from to fill positions. K street is going to have a windfall under Trump. Trump conned anyone who thought that he was going to do anything against the establishment other than bend it even further in favor of the rich.

Shit, Ryan's going to be the one dictating his economic program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.