1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

With or without clearance, Trump can authorize him to receive information

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently the Washington Opera Company has been asked to perform selections from Wagner's Reinzi at the Inaugural Ball.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least theirs are accurate. :)

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They did fail to predict the collapse of the Soviet Union, too

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Provided all kinds of aid and saved hundreds of American soldiers' lives in Afghanistan in the months after 9/11.

America showed its gratitude by withdrawing from the anti-ballistic missile treaty and shoving a bunch of weapons near Russia's borders.

Oh, that waskly Wussian agwession.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ryan insists Trump will privatize Medicare, which Trump said repeatedly he wouldn't do. One of them is wrong.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sounds like he learned a lesson or two from Harry Reid.

RickStain likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's one thing that worries me. Even if Trump wants to try to bring the sides closer together, I don't think he's a good enough communicator to do it.

On a separate note, this will make me seem uninformed, but I've never paid any attention to Breitbart. What's behind people calling Bannon a white supremacist? A quick Google didn't provide many details, just people repeating the line. Do the anti-semitism accusations all come from the divorce testimony? I'm doubting it, just don't know the details.

Apart from that, Gee's point about three people at the top with no government experience is worrisome.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Stolen standing up.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don't forget how it'll cause the Bernie Bros to flip the fuck out ... you can't put a price tag on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.