1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They don't matter anymore. The relevant spectrum of American politics for the next four years runs from moderate to Breitbart.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm trying to answer the question honestly. "I'm asking why it's worse to seek constitutional support for a belief -- any belief?" is what you asked. I'm not sure there's a blanket answer for that. As to abortion rights I don't dispute the rights of those who honestly believe that a person becomes a person at the moment of conception to seek to change the law. I don't agree with them but that's because I disagree as to when a fetuses rights begin. Is that the question you wanted answered? I can't think of another 'rights' issue that has that kind of duality, though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know if Leslie Stahl is the right one for this interview .

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's no Billy Beane. Man, all your moves are belong to Ada.

Clinton’s data-driven campaign relied heavily on an algorithm named Ada. What didn’t she see?

What Ada did, based on all that data, aides said, was run 400,000 simulations a day of what the race against Trump might look like. A report that was spit out would give campaign manager Robby Mook and others a detailed picture of which battleground states were most likely to tip the race in one direction or another — and guide decisions about where to spend time and deploy resources.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Secretary of Chair Shots?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's a Republican. Whether there's any evidence to support it or not, that's enough for some people.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hannity O'Reilly Rush and the rest of the gang (Right Wing Media)what do they do now? The libertards can't do anything but protest. Are we going to get 4 years of bitching about hippies? If trump has proven anything it's that he owns the RWM.

But why watch or listen now?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. Seriously though, the reaction to him is stronger than other people. What are the specific incidents or statements or whatever that sparked it?

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I saw an article today pointing out the GOP is one state legislature away from being able to push through constitutional amendments unopposed.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When he took over Breitbart news, it became the favorite of the white nationalist movement.

We're about two steps away from white nationalism being legitimized to the point where "white nationalism isn't racism" is on the political spectrum so fuck it I don't even care to argue whether he personally is racist or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.