1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trump is fine with gay marriage. Pence isn't. Many of the people around him and plenty of his supporters are not. So Trump says it's settled law.

Trump is torn on abortion. The GOP platform is not torn on it. So trump does not say it is settled law. He says he'll appoint judges against it and then the states can have it if they want.

Trump likes parts of Obamacare. He ran on repealing it. So he does not say it is settled law. He says he'll keep parts of it. But it will be repealed and replaced.

Settled law is meaningless the way Trump uses it. Just his way of placating those opposed to him.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Barron is a boss.

[​IMG]

4. YankeeFan

I don't buy for one minute that Trump was so dumb that he didn't know he had to hire "office staff" for the West Wing, or that Obama is determined to "mentor" him because he is so unprepared.

This is spin.

5. YankeeFan

Roe v. Wade came down in 1973. If one thing is clear, it's that the issue is not settled. It's as contentious as ever. The Supreme Court Ruling has done nothing to settle the issue. Might have made it worse.

Gay marriage? Look at the trend. Support is growing. It is settled, and the Court ruling did help to settle the issue.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he evidenced a very deep, sophisticated understanding of the workings of government over the last two years. I can understand why you would think that.

He's a fool. I understand why you voted for him. I understand why he was elected. But let's halt the charade where we pretend he knows what he's getting into.

7. Dick Whitman

Why? Because the right says it's not?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As part of my bright side Monday, if this story is accurate, at least Trump has some awareness that there's lots of things about the government he doesn't know.

9. YankeeFan

Look, let's agree, for the purpose of the argument, that he's not a super genius, nor as intellectually curious as some would like to see in their President.

And, let's agree that the every President Elect likely feels overwhelmed by the weight of the job, as it sinks in that they've won.

But, let's also not pretend that he's a stumbling idiot.

The Democrats, including President Obama and his staff, are bitter about having to turn the White House over to Donald Trump. President Obama and his wife didn't even do the standard photo op with Trump and his wife.

They are petty.

And, so, an anonymous staffer tells the WSJ that Trump is so out of his league, that Obama is going to need to mentor him, and I'm supposed to take that at face value.

No thanks.

[​IMG]

10. Dick Whitman

Was your TV broken for the entire campaign?

11. YankeeFan

Because 50% of America says it isn't. How less settled could something be.

Because science has changed people's minds. Because pro-choice people get pregnant, see an ultrasound, give birth, and change their mind on the issue.

We're as divided as ever on abortion, and the trend is not towards "settled".

(It's also bad law, btw.)

12. YankeeFan

LOL. No. But, I also didn't believe everything the MSM tried to tell me about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.