1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You didn't have to. He's a boob.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, this campaign, we saw lots of pundits and strategists on TV, telling us what they thought about the election. As it turns out, most were wrong at every turn.

So, let's recognize those who weren't wrong.

I'll go first.

Best Political Pundit: Donald J. Trump

Best Political Strategist: Donald J. Trump

3. Dick Whitman

After 9/11, surveys showed that a majority of Americans were in favor of peeling back settled First Amendment speech rights.

Was the First Amendment not "settled law" at that point, under your 50 percent standard that constitutional rights are subject to?

(Disclosure: I lean pro-life.)

4. Dick Whitman

This conveniently ignores the fact that Donald J. Trump thought he was going to lose until he, in fact, won.

5. Dick Whitman

I don't care about the pundits. The pundit I watch has been, in fact, very optimistic about Trump's chances the entire time.

He's a dumb-dumb. I don't need Rachel Maddow to tell me that. I watched 90 percent of the debates he was involved in.

6. YankeeFan

Yep. Reagan, Bush, Quayle, Palin, Trump.

All boobs.

Yet, somehow, Reagan and Bush got elected to two terms, and Trump just beat the most experienced, most qualified, candidate ever, in an Electoral College landslide.

If they're so dumb, how do they outsmart Dems so often.

7. YankeeFan

Really? When did he say that?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ewwww ... that makes me wonder about your smarts.

9. Dick Whitman

OK. Maybe he meant that the election was "rigged" in his favor.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Hopefully he will have time in between reading the Western Canon and studying string theory to govern.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Most recent polls I have found say 60% of Americans support gay marriage. If that means it's settled, how about gun control? A June poll says 55% of Americans support stricter gun control laws. Based on that, should we call the Second Amendment settled law? Is settled law some formula of whatever the current law is +/- the poll numbers that support it?

12. Dick Whitman

She's qualified and experienced. (Although, as Trump effectively said often, it could be perceived as bad experience.)

She's also smart. Really smart. But unimaginative. I know the type, trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.