1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't know what people are so surprised about with Bannon. You can argue about Trump's personal views if you feel like it, but the white nationalist movement was an important part of his coalition and now they get a seat at the table. The chance to stop it was in the Republican primary and the general election and it failed both times.

Seperate but equal isn't settled law either

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BTW, @MisterCreosote is this election's Tony. MIA since last Tuesday afternoon.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. RickStain

It is possible. My inclination is that it was a candidate problem and not an issues problem, but I'm open to alternative explanations.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Maybe. But that is going to play really well, or at least it should have played well, with the under 40 voters. Like Rick said, it was probably more--or maybe just as much--that she was a flawed candidate.

5. Dick Whitman

The lack of Obama on the ticket and the lack of enthusiasm for Hillary certainly was a big part of the millennial malaise. But so was the lack of a tentpole social issue now that same-sex marriage is decided. They just aren't going to come out en masse for the death penalty or mass incarceration. Those guys aren't sitting next to them in English Comp 101.

Sanders got them ginned up a little bit about economic issues, but Trump practically ran to her left on those. I'm mostly pissed that she ran ads in the Rust Belt about what a meanie Trump is. But I also realize that she wasn't very believable anyway on left-leaning economic issues, which she is, ironically, mostly right about.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Our nation's daughters didn't make a difference either.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right Fart. But if they shitcan the filibuster they can do anything they want.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The problem was the Dems didn't go negative ENOUGH on Dumpf.

They should have redone the Daisy Ad in full shocking detail with nuclear blasts and footage of Hiroshima victims.

They should have run footage of Nazi sympathizer rallies from 1939-40.

They should have run footage of HITLER.

They should have run video clips, again and again and again, of Trump discussing on repeated occasions of how he wanted to FUCK HIS DAUGHTER. FUCK HIS DAUGHTER.

Yet except for a few oblique references to his making "improper" or "crude remarks" regarding his daughter, nobody in the official campaign ever talked about it; no clip or sound bite from those shows were ever used in ads.

Jesus Fuckin Christ. THE FUCKER WANTS TO FUCK HIS DAUGHTER AND SAID SO ON NATIONAL TEEVEE. AND NOT ONCE, BUT NUMEROUS TIMES.

This is a Pervert. A Sick Fuck Daughterfucking Pervert. From all appearances he's been fucking her since she was 11 years old.

And they didn't use it. They didn't want to get dirty. They didn't want to seem undignified.

So instead they handed the nation over to a fascist lunatic. But at least they did it with dignity and decorum.

At least we'll have our dignity as the mushroom clouds rise.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. Dick Whitman

Would any of that have made a difference?

These people want jobs.

Plus, for 25 years, the Clintons and their surrogates have been preaching that off-the-field behavior is irrelevant.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE, Cosmo and 3 others like this.
  10. RickStain

Wait, was it economic issues or a repudiation of liberal social values?

I'm getting whiplash here

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. You know and I know and everybody knows Fucko has no plan and no real interest in anybody's job other than his own.

2. Bubba has fucked a lot of sleazy sluts but most were trailer trash golddiggers who came chasing after it. Trump loves to screw young girls, specifically his own daughter.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It was people not liking Hillary.

RickStain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.