1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At some point, you are going to stop pretending that we just re-elected Abraham Lincoln.

SnarkShark and TowelWaver like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We were waiting for your pronouncement that we all need to work together now that the election is over, and get behind our new President.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also a factor, just a minor one, fatigue after years of Bush-Clinton family rule. Think Jeb! is done?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ninety-nine percent. If he's alive, make it 100.

RickStain likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Put the third term at 80 percent, unless he wants to install Ivanka.

Put the fourth term at 67 percent. The fifth term at 50-50.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is this how he wants to spend a large percentage of his remaining days on Earth?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It still sounds like he's unsure he wants to spend the next four years doing this, or at least spending it in DC, from the talk of him wanting to shuttle between Washington and New York.

8. YankeeFan

I don't think this. I think I'm pretty aware of who he is, and wha his faults are.

But, declining a run for a second term is exceedingly rare in our nation's history.

I don't see any evidence to suggest that he'd only be interested in serving one term.

To suggest this is pure speculation, and deserves as much consideration as all the previous speculation about his candidacy.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He's also the oldest president elected, right? So there's that.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump is easily the biggest wild card ever elected president. Wonder if after four (or eight) years who will be more happy/unhappy with what the administration does -- Republicans, Democrats or Dystopian nuclear survivors?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

LOLZ.

12. YankeeFan

I was told previously in this election season -- when we were discussing Hillary Clinton's age -- that 69-years-old (or 70) in 2017 is not the same as being 69-years-old in 1981.

Trump will be less than a year older than Reagan was when he started his first term. He's only a little older than Hillary is, and no one suggested she would only be a one-term president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.