1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll put you down as a no.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd think he would unless health. That's always a wild card. Not that he's in poor health, but it's always a possibility, no matter how old (or not), the President is.
    PS: I seem to remember a poster here who was worried Hillary wouldn't make it to election day back in September

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A lot of people suggested that about Clinton

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm doing what I think is appropriate.

I invite you and everyone else to do the same.

5. YankeeFan

I believe the term is, "follow your conscience".

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, but ... Herself has only spent virtually every waking moment of her adult life yearning for the White House. I don't think anyone would say that about Trump.

He's in the history books either way, and he gets to relish in the knowledge that he stuck the hell out of it to people who've sneered at him his whole life. He's already done what he set out to do.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This may sound strange, but I think if it hadn't been for 9/11, Bush might've chosen only one term. He'd gotten his big tax cut passed, and Medicare D would've passed without it. He wasn't exactly active until the towers fell. Then he had a cause, made some good decisions and a couple very bad ones, the Iraq War came and he had to run again to defend the cause he'd found. Certainly by 2007-2008 he'd really zoned out on the job. He didn't seem to need it as much as some other presidents, including his dad, did.

8. YankeeFan

George W. Bush was determined to run for President precisely because his father was beaten in his run for reelection.

From the day he took office, he sought reelection. He would have viewed a one-term presidency as a failure.

The very fact that he chose Cheney, someone who was not looking to succeed him as President, is a dead give away that he wasn't looking at a one-term deal.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He did 3-4 other interviews in which the topic came up -- or he brought it up himself. This isn't something the mean nasty media ambushed him with.

He did the Stern interview in which Ivanka was described as "a piece of ass." He didn't rise up out of his chair and punch Stern's nuts up through his rib cage as 85% of fathers would. He didn't even say, "hey wait a second."

He said "yeah." As in, "Yeah, my daughter is a piece of ass. Yum yum."

Motherfucking sick fuck pervert. Needs to be dragged off and flogged.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because Veeps commonly primary the incumbent?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure I get that.

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.