1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I obviously don't understand Republicans as well as I thought I did if they are willing to support Trump. I'm trying to get a handle on exactly where the Republicans stand.

Not every question is a political angle-shoot

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Coward.

Not surprising. You're dumb. You're crazy. You can't keep your own lies straight.

You make claims you can't back up.

You're a racist, and homophobic.

You've been a failure in your chosen career, which you only got into because your mommy and daddy helped get you started.

You probably can't afford a $100 donation to charity.

You'll continue to act like you're smart, and have a point to make, but the rest of us will know better.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Life in the Trumperreich.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You don't understand them/us because you rely on over the top, second hand reporting.

I'm no expert on him, but Bannon has been a pretty public figure. It's absurd when people who know nothing about him act like they are experts on him.

The same goes for folks like Rush Limbaugh.

The same goes for every single reporter who reported on Donald Trump, but never read the Art of the Deal, or the Art of the Comeback.

The left like to call Trump intellectually incurious -- just as they did GWB. But, they all read Obama's book, and took it as Gospel truth. But, how many read Trump's books? I think Dick did. Did anyone else here read one of his books? Do you think any/many of the reporters that followed him around the country did?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're starting to sound a whole lot like Trump. Pence's conversion therapy must work!

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I remember reading a Trump political book when I was 16 and thinking it made sense

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I say that Bannon and Trump both have crazy terrible hair, how many sources will I need to cite?

doctorquant likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you think Trump has read any of his books?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This just reminds me of many instances when you state something as fact when it really is not. For the record, among PROVEN (and in some cases, admitted) statements by Limbaugh included:
    • "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
    • "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
    • "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
    • "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

Riptide likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Correct. I read "Art of the Deal" and "Crippled America," as well as Ted Cruz's campaign polemic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.