1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That must have been some really messy Election Night newsroom pizza.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't even close to what terrier said. He is making the distinction between the business side and the newsroom. Are you just ignoring the distinction or is this simply another example of your ignorance regarding journalism?

wicked and Killick like this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, will we see more news articles about the sexism involved in the event?

Who writes them? Reporters at the post?

Who should we blame? Bezos? Someone else?

Who should we call on to condemn what went on?

5. YankeeFan

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, that gorgeous Miss DC looks exactly like the girl who plays Iris on The Flash
    [​IMG]

7. YankeeFan

Anyone else think the MGM will get better press from the Post than Trump's brand new hotel got?

The thing about an $805-a-night hotel, though, is that it prompts the expectation, “I deserve,” which, for me, only grows as the expensive minutes tick by: When I order $24 “warm cookies and milk” from room service, I feel that I deserve for them to be warmer, and bigger, and softer than they are.

I deserve for there to be hair conditioner in my room, instead of two shampoos and a body wash. I deserve to not have to wait 30 minutes for my car to arrive from the valet. I have paid to have things the way I want them, and I want them just that way, and if I lived in this kind of wealth long enough I would probably run for president, too.

“We only have almond milk, not soy,” a server tells me with profound regret when she brings me a latte. The normal part of me says, “That’s fine,” and the deranged $805-a-night-part of me thinks, “I deserve soy.”

The staff seems to be attuned to what guests deserve; later I overhear the soy apologist in an earnest conversation with a colleague: “I feel we were able to be impactful tonight, that people got their turndown service,” she tells him. “We could have just said, ‘We don’t have enough people,’ but we didn’t.”

I actually didn’t get turndown service, as it happens. I think it was my fault for misusing the “Do not disturb” button, but it is still really unfortunate because I deserved turndown service.

For $805 a night at the Trump Hotel, you deserve what you get

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Remember when you and I were trolls for flagging the Lena Dunham surrogacy as symptomatic of a clueless campaign?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No.
    I don't think there was anybody on this board who even remotely approved of using Lena Dunham as part of Hill's campaign.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Looks like job creators in action. We should give them tax cuts to throw more parties

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't really know much about Lena Dunham or why white men seem to hate her so much

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.