1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I gave up expecting politicians to deliver miracles or even please me all the time when I was about 15. All I ever ask is that they do at least as many things to please me as displease me. Obama got a passing grade on that score and appears to me (never met him, don't know) to have some admirable personal qualities as well. I don't think that's a blind defense.
    I have only poor expectations for Trump. very poor, for the following reason. Even if he weren't as uninformed about and inexperienced in government as he is, he can only succeed politically by aggravating serious social divides in the country to enact economic and social policies that are unpopular even with many of his supporters. If the Congress privatizes Medicare, as Ryan wants to do, Trump could veto it, but if he doesn't, he'll have to distract his supporters by overt acts against the Other they fear.
    In short, it'll be a rerun of the '60s without the fun parts. War abroad and war at home, but no sex, drugs, nor rock and roll.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Dems incoming Senate minority leader said this back in July:

[​IMG]

How'd that work out for you Chuck?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hail Hydra.

Batman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, and be 51st in education. We'll have the lowest property taxes in the nation and a budget that is perpetually in proration, robbing from the parks and education budgets to keep the general fund afloat. Everything will be run by and for white men who make themselves and their cronies money by the laws they pass, and screw the public.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What ... making America great ain't coherent enough for ya?

6. YankeeFan

Trump has had a consistent world view since at least 1988:

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Alabama wins national football titles. So America is going to win again.

8. YankeeFan

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Never go full Alabama

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I ain't gigging you @YankeeFan ... honest. To the degree that he has a consistent worldview (best as I can tell), it doesn't conform at all to archetypes typical to homo politicus.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Best as I can tell, he has been consistent on trade issues for years. Otherwise, he's been all over the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.