1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not enough to throw out anything Obama did, they're going to try for LBJ too.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You've become right wing OOP. ROOP if you will.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Republicans are already planning to overplay their hand.

To call this election a "mandate" is beyond laughable. It's tone deaf and stupid.

Gutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will hurt a large segment of Trump voters.

So much for this "revolution." It's the same old republican playbook. Along with tax cuts for the rich and the failed theory of trickle-down economics.

Whole lot of "drain the swamp" voters just got screwed.

Shocking.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's going to be fascinating. Trump ran as a third-party candidate. If he governs as a Republican, how fast will his voters turn on him when they realize what that means for them?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He wishes, but by all means, keep stalking me on multiple threads. That'll help keep this thread open.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Even if it's true, she was in a tough spot as the incumbent party on economic issues. A better politician may have been able to navigate it.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He's going to be the CEO and let the same old establishment republicans run the show. They'll find out, yet again, they've voted against their own interests.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How dare you suggest that people voted against their own best interest!

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not sure about Klein's credibility, but if Bill did say these things:

...then he was exactly right.

I'm not sure Hillary has ever truly wanted to win over the people she needed most in this election--poor to middle working-class whites. Going all the way back to her stupid "I'm no Tammy Wynette" comment in 92, she has consistently sent the wrong signals to that enormous block of America, and she did so again in this campaign with the way she minimized and de-emphasized their concerns.

Remember this is the candidate that--when specifically asked what she would do to help "poor whites" in Ohio--responded by informing Ohioans that she intended to destroy the coal industry and put miners out of work, about the most jaw-droppingly tone deaf answer you'll ever hear any candidate give.

As time passes the angrier I get at Dem party leaders for the way they've so insistently pushed Hillary upon us over the years. She really was the worst possible D nominee for this election. This whole Trump fiasco was so easily preventable, really all the Ds had to do was choose anybody else.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.