1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Reading up on Medicare politics of late, encountering lots of amusing outrage over Ryan's puffery re: Medicare "going broke." I've read several columns in which writers refer to various projections of the "trust fund" -- which doesn't really exist -- running out later, rather than sooner, as evidence that it's not going broke. Hmmmmm ...

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She lost by not turning out Obama supporters - not because she fired up Trumpers by calling them half of them deplorables (which was accurate).

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is not so. All ballots are counted eventually, because President isn't the only office on the ballot, as well as referenda. She is going to wind up with more votes than him. Since it doesn't alter the outcome, why does it bother you so?

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Not according to the folks at the Federal Voting Assistance Program (which is run under the Department of Defense):

Federal Voting Assistance Program

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wait, this white supremacist, racist, anti-Semite had a daily radio show on SiriusXM?

How come I never heard this? How were there not organized boycotts of SiriusXM as a result?

The archives of his show must be a treasure trove of racist comments. How come no one has compiled them?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I never heard of it, and our car has Sirius/XM.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you have to cancel it now, huh?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Bannon’s interviews with Trump were done for Breitbart News Daily, a radio program that airs on SiriusXM satellite radio’s “Patriot” channel, a home for conservative talk. In all, they add up to more than two hours of one-on-one conversation."

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You're talking about provisional ballots, not absentee ballots.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that black and white. You could be an "Obama supporter" who heard that comment, sighed, and thought, "Well, she's not even going to make a bleeping effort at understanding anyone in middle America" . . . and stayed home on Nov. 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.