1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That strategy seems to be on a bipartisan winning streak, no?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Voter repression will flip all that.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do I think it's a good thing? No.

Though, I also don't know that it demonstrates that he "eschews" transparency.

How we judge him on issues of transparency shouldn't hinge on whether or not he went to out to dinner with his family after dismissing the press pool.

Transparency encompasses much bigger issues than this.

And, the media freak out over it is over done. As usual.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of my uncles gave a pretty good assessment of Trump when he said "That guy talks like somebody who has never gotten his ass kicked for mouthing off."

This uncle, by the way, voted for Trump and is convinced we will all make more money in the next two years (before the mid-terms) than the last eight under Obama. Of course, he's also wealthy and retired at 40 - which was 45 years ago.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This is you accepting his explanation?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't actually care about him ditching the press pool for dinner. I'm thinking big picture.

He systematically bashes anyone who writes something that he doesn't like.

He constantly refutes every anonymous source on Twitter.

It's going to be a long four/eight years if he can't stop whining every time there's something he perceives as unfair written about him.

7. YankeeFan

I'm happy to acknowledge that he did not go to them, hat in hand, looking for a job.

He still comes across as a drama queen.

He dealt with one guy -- a friend of his -- got into a tizzy with him, and came away with hurt feelings.

8. YankeeFan

So?

Many of the stories about his campaign and transition, specifically ones based on anonymous sources, have proven false.

Some have been retracted.

Why shouldn't he push back against them?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I bet ole Fred popped him in the face on the regular before military school.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I come from the kind of Midwest, formerly reliably Democratic stock that elected both Jimmy Carter and, 40 years later, Donald Trump. These are my people. And my people need to stop believing that factory, manufacturing, and mining jobs are coming back, now via isolationism. It's nonsense, and I would admire the Democratic party if it told these people that it's nonsense. Hillary tried, inartfully, with the comment about closing coal mines. People made fun of her for it.

amraeder likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's just a regular joe, a regular politician, occasionally sensitive to criticism when the situation calls for it. Nothing more than that.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He meant as an adult.

As I thought about it that afternoon, it made sense. The whole anti-PC crowd seems to want to be able to say what they want without fear of repercussions - be it public backlash, being fired or getting punched right in the mouth.

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.