1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's like a nightmare, isn't it?

Fun fact: Half of the tables made by Murrey for that movie had false plywood beds so they could be moved easier in the tournament scenes at the end. Scorsece wanted to film the scene with everyone breaking at once, then get half of the tables the hell out of there ASAP.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So the standard is I have to come up with well sourced examples of people wishing Obama would be sent off to Kenya and you get to use the anonymous internet message board as an example of people wanting to punch Trump in the face? Then again, you didn't attempt to discredit Ted Cruz's dad as he "goofed around."

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Only thing I didn't like about that movie was that suddenly every girl in the bar I wanted to hit on wanted to "play pool." Shit, I left Lickskillet to get the hell away from a pool table as the primary means of entertainment.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe the President elect ditched his press pool!!!

In the news-free zone that is Barack Obama’s pre-inaugural Hawaiian vacation, this passes for a bulletin: The president-elect ditched his “press pool” of media minders to take his daughters to a water park on Friday morning.

The episode marked the second time since his election that Mr. Obama had breached the longstanding protocol requiring that he travel with the pool in tow. In making his dash — with his Secret Service security detail, to be sure — Mr. Obama drew attention both to the seemingly odd but important rituals of the presidential (and pre-presidential) bubble, and to just how much this very private public man chafes under its constraints.

For decades presidents and presidents-elect have had to move in motorcades that include the Secret Service, an ambulance and vans with a television camera crew, one or more press photographers and a representative for newspaper, magazine and radio reporters. The last is known, somewhat ghoulishly, as “the protective pool,” to be on hand should the worst happen and more generally to limit the number of reporters at events where allowing all comers would be impractical.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/a-water-park-but-no-pool/

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're coming across as dishonest.

Killick likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Yeah, but showing a girl how to play pool can be fun.

7. YankeeFan

Now do you!

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama fleeing the country immediately after leaving/being removed from office has been a standard of the right wing screech machine fantasy world pretty much his entire tenure. Usually in concert with a scenario of his escaping prosecution for his myriad crimes and setting up some post-presidency Mooslim world caliphate.

The extension of this theory is that after We Take Our Country Back Again, Obama would be so reviled and rejected by Right Thinkin Amurricans he would choose retirement in exile in some luxurious Mooslim paradise and a career as a globetrotting anti-American celebrity.

I suppose that one might still be on the table.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If a Sports Editor got into a Twitter war with every fan who bashed him for the way his paper covered Beloved/Hated State U, he'd never get any work done.

I assume a president might get even more critical emails and tweets.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

* -- None of this ever happened (#postfactualworld)

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Typical YF defense, for himself or for his man Trump. When busted, point at the other person. Honesty and accountability be damned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.