1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And after those five minutes are up, then you gotta stand there and pretend to try, but you can't try too hard (or at all, in my case ... I could actually shoot a little in my misspent youth) and you've gotta do the high five! bit ... sheesh, no wonder I went back to grad school.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do you want a Steelers-jack? Cause that's how you get a Steelers-jack.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As unacceptable as it was for Trump to ditch his press pool last night as President Elect, he better not do it as President.

President Barack Obama quietly breached years of protocol on Saturday morning by leaving the White House without the press with him.

About two hours before reporters were supposed to be in position to leave with the president, Obama left the grounds of the White House. Members of the press were told he was attending one of his daughter's soccer games in northwest Washington, D.C.

The White House press corps traditionally travels with the president anywhere he goes, inside and outside the country, to report on the president's activities for the benefit of informing the public and for historical record.

After Obama left, a press aide hastily gathered members of the media who happened to be at the White House early or working on other matters. They rushed to a van and left the White House to catch up with the president.

Too late. By the time, the press van appeared to arrive at the president's location, the press was told he was already departing. Time to go back to the White House.

Reporters and photographers didn't have a chance to see him or his vehicle to verify his presence at any location.

Although nobody outside the White House or the press may have noticed, Obama broke years of tradition.

The small press "pool" that accompanies the president had been told to gather at the White House at 11:30 a.m. He left about 9:20 a.m.

Obama leaves WH without press, breaking protocol - Boston.com

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If anyone met Donald Trump over the past 40 years and didn't feel like punching him in the face, I don't think they had normal human emotions.

This is a man who would hit on your girlfriend in front of you. And knew you'd take it because you were trying to make a deal with him.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There is without a shadow of a doubt very real people who aren't hiding behind an internet moniker who want very much to punch Trump in the face.

I would love to see Trump try to hit on my wife in front of me. Not because I'm some big tough guy who will bravely stand up to him but because of what my wife would do to him.

FileNotFound and Ace like this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah. I listened to Rush on my way to work this afternoon, too.

Is this how it works? Rush tells you something, and then you rush online to tell us about it?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unless Limbaugh says something that makes him sound like a racist. YF apparently is incapable of hearing such things.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder how good Cam Heyward is at billiards.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe YF will volunteer to teach him.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's one or more of these guys on every message board on the intertoobz.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In the sake of accuracy, I don't think @Starman would be content to punch Trump in the face. Probably go full Negan.

Spartan Squad and Batman like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why Trump ran. Secret Service is the ultimate no punching insurance.

Ace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.