1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Liberals are emotional weaklings.

Have @Killick and @ Starman cancelled their holiday plans?

Matthew Horn, a software engineer from Boulder, Colo., canceled Christmas plans with his family in Texas. Nancy Sundin, a social worker in Spokane, Wash., has called off Thanksgiving with her mother and brother. Ruth Dorancy, a software designer in Chicago, decided to move her wedding so that her fiancé’s grandmother and aunt, strong Trump supporters from Florida, could not attend.

The election is over, but the repercussions in people’s lives may be just beginning as families across the United States contemplate uncomfortable holidays — or decide to bypass them — and relationships among friends, relatives and spouses are tested across the political divide.

Democrats have dug in their heels, and in some cases are refusing to sit across the table from relatives who voted for President-elect Donald J. Trump, a man they say stands for things they abhor. Many who voted for Mr. Trump say it is the liberals who are to blame for discord, unfairly tarring them with the odious label of “racist” just because they voted for someone else.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Love it, love it, fucking love it.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe she'll vote for Trump next time.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why no one from my wife's family has been on the horn about the holidays -- they've just assumed I voted for Trump. Maybe we should have these election thingys more often.

Meh, give it a few months ... this spring, when the thought of actually having to pay for their own vacation comes up, they'll find it in their hearts to bring me back into the fold.

cyclingwriter2 and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I can't speak for Starman but I certainly haven't . You see, twit, in the adult world people can have differences. In the adult world, when you get caught lying or not living up to your word you say "Damn. I screwed up. Sorry." And everybody moves on. You'll learn this when your testicles finally descend and you start getting pubic hair.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

… and, by the way, you're still on the clock, fuckwit. Any time now…

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Cura te ipsum ...

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Killick likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've always thought the images of the departing president were iconic.

The Marine 1 departure from the Capital, followed by the AF1 departure are staples of the day.

But, Obama isn't going anywhere, right?

So, what's his departure going to look like? Is he going to ride away in a limo?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wonder if my aunts, uncles and cousins felt that way in Hamburg during Hanukkah 1934? It's a shame no one ever got to ask them about that, or anything else for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.