1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, this will piss @Baron Scicluna off:

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, so NOW we have to root for the president to succeed? Rooting for him to fail was so un-American for the last eight years, wasn't it?

And also note, I've twice said that either Trump will be a good president and the country will be better as a whole for it, or he'll be a miserable failure and, coupled with the failure that was Bush, nobody will want to vote for a Republican for the next 50 years.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Out of the three dozen or so people who gather for Thanksgiving at my parents' place next week, I might be one of two adults max that didn't vote Trump. But that bastard ain't keeping me from the sweet potato and pecan casserole, even if it looks suspiciously like him.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Really. Most of the people in my family are Republicans (Mom's a Libertarian). What am I supposed to do, shun them?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Probably a bit high, but I do believe anybody wanting to do such things will be emboldened by the prospect of an unqualified moron in the White House.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That story reminds me of the great Alan Rickman/Sheriff of Nottingham diatribe in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: "No more merciful beheadings. And call off Christmas."

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This Vermont Republican suggests you take your cue from the words of Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who have set the proper tone for this still great nation.

Yeah, that oughta go over big with the transition team.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obviously Sen. Benning has been paying not one damn bit of attention to Trump and his history.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The one family member this thing has driven me away from is a cousin I grew up with. He's 2 years older and we lived 70 miles apart, but we did Christmas and sometimes Thanksgiving together, and we've stayed in touch and gotten together a few times as adults. I finally pulled the social-media plug over the summer when he went on another one of his rants about Michelle Obama.

If I still lived in that area, it would be awkward and I could honestly see changing my plans. I'd be fine with his wife and brother and mother and father, who all voted Trump and have been hardcore Republicans as long as I've known their politics ... but that one cousin is part of the ugly, racist alt-right and I just would not want to be around that.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My family are plain old Republicans. They have money and don't like paying taxes. Aside from that, they're not very political.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.