1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you think they didn't?

Do Trump voters appear to be upset right now? Are they protesting him? Marching in the streets?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Give it time. Reality hasn't sunk in for a lot of people on both sides yet.

wicked likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. Trump "would" build a wall if he "could".

But, in some portions of the border, it's impossible, impractical, or unnecessary.

It's a further sign that some really think Trump voters are dummies to think they didn't understand this.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He has not said he WON'T build a wall. He said parts will be a fence (parts are already fence).

So Trump will probably not really do anything but as long as he continues to talk tough, that's fine, I guess.

I think his supporters are more likely to riot int he streets when he doesn't throw Hillary in jail.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So when I hear a left-ish politician referring to this or that business practice as "treasonous," it'd be totally reasonable to infer what said politician would "like to do if they could"?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I really think that. I guess he's going to Make America Great Again, like it was in ... what? Summer of 2016?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is complete bullshit. There's a huge group of confederate flag waving racists who believe every word he says, and you know it.

JakeandElwood, wicked and Riptide like this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're not really going there with Hillary are you? She's proven again and again what a wretched candidate she is. If 2008 didn't convince you... Gender is not a factor.

And as far as charismatic women go, I seem to remember reading a lot about Joni Ernsts's charisma when she was running for Senate in Iowa, and during this summer's convention.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Don't fuck with The Narrative!

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

exactly. And as a friend said to me last night who voted for Trump, he was too embarrassed to try to defend his position. His base support is just rife with moral cowards. The silent majority, i.e., bunch of pussies who couldn't abide a woman taking over after a darkie. No one will convince me otherwise. To abide the appalling shit he pulled in his campaign to win. Congrats, you elected someone who is completely unqualified. And for what?

wicked likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

il_214x170.844650859_cz9f.jpg

YF for the next two months

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

saying gender had nothing to do with it is laughable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.