1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think there are like 1,000 "but for" reasons that she lost and Trump won and that's one of them.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

(R)ide or die is the sole belief.

3. Dick Whitman

I agree with this. He earned a big following early on in part because he's famous and idiots thought it was cool to vote for a famous guy from teevee, but also because he offered simple policy prescriptions - like the wall - that made idiots believe he had figured out America and, as they always suspected, it was really, really easy. Not like them multiplication tables back in the fourth grade.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That sounds like you are insulting their intelligence.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

But the roots of Bannon’s antipathy for the Speaker and his ilk predates this election cycle — in 2014, Trump’s chief strategist told his fellow religious conservatives that “the tea party’s biggest fight is not with the left,” but rather with “the Republican establishment, which is really a collection of crony capitalists.”

Republicans get criticized for being crony capitalists. We get criticized for supporting the party, no matter what they do.

Bannon not only took the party on, he helped to win the presidency while doing it. That's remarkable.

Republicans won the WH the same year they were basically fighting a civil war within the party.

Part of the reason why parties don't usually resolve these kinds of problems is because they fear the damage it will do in the short term. The Dems are facing this reality today.

Ad for Ryan, the Republican majority in the House was about to vote to allow earmarks once again, but Ryan put a halt to this at the last moment.

Does he do this if Trump doesn't win? I doubt it.

Trump and Ryan can be good influences on each other.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can get behind that.

Meh. On the "this is all really easy" front, I've long felt there's plenty of that going around.

7. Dick Whitman

People who think that policy is simple deserve to have their intelligence insulted.

8. Dick Whitman

Come on, now. Are you telling me that we can't just "tax the 1 percent" and solve everything?

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We can totally fix Medicare and Social Security and the ACA with a few tweaks.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Voters in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin, who voted for Obama -- sometimes twice -- rejected Clinton, and voted for Trump.

These are Democrats. Many of them were women.

It's silly to act like "white men" won't vote for a woman.

Republicans have elected women to every office in the nation, other than President, in the last decade. It's not the gender. It's the person, and the policies that contributed to Clinton's loss.

11. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.