1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I like Trump because he's a straight shooter! He tells it like it is!"

Build the wall!

"Well, what he really meant was a symbolic wall made with a few rolls of barbed wire and some more cameras!"

SnarkShark, wicked, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama should pardon Trump for the federal capital crime of treason, and direct the DOJ to prosecute him and numerous accomplices for espionage and multiple cases of campaign fraud.

Just as a gesture of goodwill, he should throw in a pardon on the federal offense of transporting persons across state lines for the purpose of committing incest.

Ace likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Keep mocking, but I don't see his own voters expressing anger at Trump.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Olbermann is really losing it.

Best evidence: he suggests folks boycott UBER because of ties to Rudy Giuliani. LOL. Like urban liberals are going to boycott UBER. You might as well tell them they can't take pictures of their dinner.

Riptide and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They got what they wanted. They got to vote for a cool famous dude.

6. Dick Whitman

I can't take a fucking taxi without someone launching into an Uber infomercial.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

South Carolina elected a veritable vegetable to three or four terms in the Senate. So I guess anything is possible, even an African-American Republican.

8. Inky_Wretch

He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. But the quickest way for a POTUS to alienate his supporters is to ignore campaign promises.

He promised to build a wall. Not a fence. Not install more security cameras. He promised a great big beautiful wall - that Mexico will pay for - at damn near every one of his campaign stops.

Ace likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

He has to at least try. The liberal knock on Obama was always that he negotiated against himself. Why is Trump already softening on the wall? That doesn't make sense.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

No, that is what it literally was. For someone like myself, who likes to have a sense of fun, it was LIKE something a little more silly.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are morphing into Baron of the right.

12. Inky_Wretch

True, true.

If his new starting point is barbed wire and cameras instead of a wall, then what's he willing to negotiate down to - the current status quo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.