1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope America's favorite homophobe judge, Roy Moore, gets appointed to that seat. At least it would prevent him from becoming governor and doing huge damage, and while the rhetoric will be embarrassing, Senator Moore would vote like any other bought-off Republican high on his own theology.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have to occasionally practice before him, so ... no comment.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Unless he gets a federal judicial appointment (God forbid) you'll never have to again. He's suspended for the remainder of this elected term and constitutionally barred from running for another one due to age.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

BTW, regarding these garbage nominees: They would have been the same turds if practically any of the Republican hopefuls would have won the election.

Cruz, Carson, Kasich, et al.... You think they'd have different lists?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To a great extent, yes, because the traditional Republican executive branch leaders, big business CEOs, high-profile Washington lawyers, etc. would have been more eager to serve than to serve Trump. He is selecting from a small band of loyalists who supported him because of his extreme rhetoric about Muslims, immigrants, African Americans, etc.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Democratic party in Alabama is dysfunctional to the point of nonexistence. No way in hell that happens. Besides, our nitwit of a Governor will appoint a replacement. He's probably stupid enough to get caught doing a Blagojevich, too.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  7. Michael_ Gee

You know, there's a not insignificant number of American citizens who are temporarily or longer-term residents of Muslim countries, mostly because of the energy industry's global nature. If/when persecution of Muslim Americans and Muslim immigrants starts, those folks are suddenly hostages in waiting. They already have high levels of security, but if governments under domestic pressure were to take action against them, then we'd have our first full blown international crisis for Pres. Trump. Unless Russia invades the Baltic States first.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I should have used the blue font.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I cant imagine that. THere are a couple of courts I've been before where they recite the Pledge of Allegiance before the Judge seats everyone. And 1 where there is a non-demonitational prayer. And by non-demoniational, I mean one of the Protestant Sects.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why would you suspect that persecution of Muslim immigrants might occur?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Right. I was just recalling Spector saying that among all his votes, his vote against Sessions was one he most/particularly regretted.

12. Michael_ Gee

Because the national security adviser, presidential adviser, attorney general designate and president-elect have all expressed extreme anti-Muslim views, that's why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.