1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you never took anything Herself said seriously (or literally) anyway ...

2. doctorquant

Internet memes are not the stuff of a coherent philosophy, my dear good sir.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What a delicate flower.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump doesn't have to do very much at all to tamp this down, nothing that would violate a single campaign pledge, even his to me hateful immigration policies. All he has to say is "I believe in and will act for equal justice under law. I want all American citizens to have an equal chance to vote." Is that so hard?

6. TheSportsPredictor

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Sure ya did, bud.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. What has he ever said that would make anyone think otherwise

2. The liberal bastion of New York has no early voting? Do New Yorkers have "an equal chance to vote" as those in states that do offer early voting? How come no one is protesting Andrew Cuomo for not taking action on this?

9. Michael_ Gee

Doesn't that tweet ba
    Doesn't that tweet basically imply that if it'd gone to trial, he'd have lost for much, much more money?

FileNotFound and Ace like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

Awwww, poor Pence:

11. Michael_ Gee

You're not addressing the issue. 1. Trump has made a lot of constititionally threatening remarks, including attacks on birthright citizenship and the First Amendment. 2. He has just nominated a lifetime opponent of voting rights as Attorney General. 3. Pence's history of anti-gay speech and behavior are well-known. People have reason to fear. And even if they didn't, the fear is still real. He's President-elect. He can choose to try and dispel the worst suspicions of his opponents, or not, and they can draw their own conclusions.

12. doctorquant

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.