1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I guess not.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, right. He didn't want to testify under oath. Few defendants in civil suits do, I'm not making my own implication of guilt here. When Trump did so testify in a suit against a journalists (I think Tim O'Brien, could be wrong), he didn't lie, but he did contradict himself, as he is wont to do on Twitter and elsewhere.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he showed up to any NASCAR event, the boos would drown out the engine noise. And the France family would pray word got out in advance so they could move tickets again.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Probably, but more to the point, if it had gone to trial he couldn't be guilty without admitting guilt.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ok, now I could see that happening.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Obama was booed at a NASCAR event in 2012. But it wasn't unanimous or even a big deal. As I've posted before, pols of all kinds who make highly visible appearances at sports events get booed. People resent them muscling in on what's supposed to be non-political.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Apparently, hitler would go to musicals and say things, "what a beautiful singer. Too bad she is a Jew."

For can't help but think pence see theater in a similar way

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Old conventional wisdom: Bill Clinton settling a sexual harassment lawsuit does not imply guilt at all. He just wanted to get it behind him.

New conventional wisdom. Donald J. Trump settling a fraud lawsuit is a clear sign of his guilt.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Do we have evidence that Sessions views on civil rights have changed for the better in the last 30 years?

11. Neutral Corner

How many times has he settled without admitting guilt now? It's a longstanding pattern.

$25m will buy a whole lot of attorney billing hours if he wasn't guilty.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.