1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Kind of a non sequitur, I agree. As a practical matter, it means midtown Manhattan will remain under security lockdown every day for four years. Among other things, this is going to cost Trump himself money. The stores in his building will lose shoppers. It will be harder to find new tenants, etc. It is also a symbol that Trump's not going to break much a sweat on his presidenting business.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The former shows moral failing, something you could argue about Trump as well.

The latter shows a lack of commitment to the job.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not a non-sequiter. Liberals continue to humiliate themselves disapproving of every fart that Trump emits. Just stop.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What job was Melanie elected to?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's been going on non-stop for 30 years? You hanging with James Carville or something? Plus leave IPAs alone, dammit!

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At least Donald will have a nice piece of ass available right at hand.

[​IMG]

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, Trump's criticism of Hillary consistently included the years she was First Lady.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not bringing his family with him shows a lack of commitment to the job by Trump. So does the talk of spending much of his own time in New York. I'm not making a huge deal of it, but it is a legitimate issue to raise.

I agree that some of the responses to Trump are silly. I've posted as much. But that doesn't mean the public shouldn't be questioning him.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not to mention, it's one report, in the NYPost, which under normal circumstances, wouldn't be enough for Inky and others here.

It's also unclear, if the report is true, if it would only be until the end of the school year, or if it would be a permanent decision.

They're trying to figure things out, and will need some time. I would guess that decisions made today might change, and that they will all end up in D.C. together before long.

But, also, I thought politicians decisions on where to school their young children was one of those things that was off limits for criticism.

Did that change?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Contrarian anti-hipster is contrarian.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She was involved in policy as First Lady. She was in charge of health care reform.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Donald Trump has been spending his nights playing Monopoly and Minecraft with Barron before deciding to run for president? Kid probably won't notice a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.