1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What is contrarian? This is what the Clintons told me.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, one report is fine and unclear reporting is fine when YF likes the story. The standards shift when he does not.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's your standard?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Mr. Trump, why does Auntie Ivanka always get to sit on your lap? I haven't sat on your lap since I was 3."

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

1500-word essays on what the Steelers did on 2nd and 6.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have made that clear for years on this board, so you should already know. Can you ever answer an accusation against you or your party without attacking the other side?

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not sure how being told to have another beer is supposed to be an insult.

But it does come off as a stretch to compare defending the hypocritical attacks of one president with the criticism of what appears to be a lack of commitment to the job. It sounds like "after being told not to play loud music after 11 now I'm being told pealing a turnip is hard."

Personally I don't care if Trump's youngest spawn stays in New York so he can keep friends and stay in the same school. There just has to be a better comparison than Newt "I served my wife with divorse papers while she was in the hospital" Gingrich screaming about Clinton's infidelity with liberals wishing the new president didn't come off like he didn't respect the office so much.

8. Starman

If the First Lady and the First Son are in more or less permanent residence in New York, Trump Tower (and surrounding blocks) is going to have to be security-hardened by the Secret Service pretty much up to the levels of the White House.

At a cost to taxpayers of hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars.

And the downtown traffic disruptions and blockoffs of this weekend become permanent.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Have to wait until the Sounders game to enjoy that IPA.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Which makes the comparison to Bill's extra curriculars they much more rediculous.

11. Starman

With Melania stashed safely in NY, Donald will be able to grab all the pussy he wants.

wicked, HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.