1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did I criticize every person he has met with? No, I did not. I'm just responding to Batman's post. This habit of lumping the entire left together is tiresome and it interferes with valuable discussion.

I've been taking more of a wait-and-see approach to see who actually ends up being chosen.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

According to the article, Giuliani took the high end of reports by Fox News. So you are basing this on one vague estimate of a report from a biased source. Thank you for again proving that you abandon your standards for any source you like.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The quote I provided, "That means there were at least 72 instances since Obama took office where Sharpton visited the White House for official business," came from the WaPo's fact checker.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

Of course, some of those visits were with groups where thousands of people were present.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Have we forgotten the difference between having a meeting with the President and working for said President in a senior role? Don't fall into arguing with a sophist.

11. outofplace

He does it all the time, then he uses such stories to back up his own points, though it seems more and more generous to say they were his points given how often he posts things as if they were his idea and they turn out to be something he read elsewhere and failed to credit the source.

12. outofplace

Oh, YF's premise here is utter bullshit, but there are also flaws in the evidence he is using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.