1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

20161121_190755.jpg

Cheers @Dick Whitman #DrinkAnIPA

doctorquant likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The off-the-record meeting lasted about an hour. And Trump posted a video on social media - bypassing the conventional press - to explain to the public, on the record, how the presidential transition was proceeding.

"Forget the crooked press. Just watch my daily video reports. They're fantastic. And PAY ATTENTION!"

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For the record, I enjoy IPAs very much. Not as much as imperial stouts or bourbon, but very much.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well nobody with a functional cerebellum ever swallowed that shit.

He ain't divesting nothin'.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm a bigger fan of lagers and red ales, but I'm not going to thumb my nose at beers, especially after your invitation.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The reporting of the off-the-record meeting is really something. Some sources say it went great, some say it was a gong show. CNN=great. NPR/NY Post=gong show. Who can imagine those two outlets having the same source? This is what it's going to be like, isn't it? No attempt at just one message.

As for the video, it's like a sports team releasing news on its own website.

We're going to break a lot of new ground here.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We're going to break a lot of things besides ground too, I'm afraid.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought he actually refused to put it in a blind trust, instead saying he would simply turn it all over to his wife and children.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One got it from the neo-Nazi side. One got it from the establishment GOP side of Trump's camp.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's like a high school releasing its scores from a cross country meet, a golf match, a volleyball game, a quiz bowl competition and a football game all at once. With drunken parents screaming "you cost my kid a scholarship" into the phone in the background.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

How does that explain The New York Post and NPR ending up with the same story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.