1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't, but it's pretty much all he has at this point. Given that his guy actually won the election, that is kind of sad and a little frightening.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what's Conway going to do once Trump takes office? Is she going to join the administration?

She's clearly still one of his top advisors, as seen here:

[​IMG]

But, she lives in New Jersey, and has kids.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She strikes me as the type that enjoys elections more than the minutia of governing. At the same time, it seems like most campaign managers quit the game after a presidential race, win or lose, because what's left for them after that? But she may not be as burnt out since she didn't join the circus until August.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She's about the only person on his staff he can trot out in fromt of the public.

5. YankeeFan

Yeah, but the press secretary job is a thankless grind, that will be even tougher for whoever takes it for Trump.

Maybe she's head of communications, or something, overseeing speechwriting and press.

6. YankeeFan

OK. One more question...

Since the election, have you been shocked to learn of a friend or relative who voted for Trump?

I was absolutely floored when one of my brothers told me his wife voted for Trump. (My brother, a Republican voted for Johnson, and they live in a bright blue state.)

He also told me I can't tell anyone, so keep this quiet.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Whomever

Dang it! I'm sorry. My inner grammar Nazi has been much more assertive since Trump was elected.

bigpern23 and Vombatus like this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I know lots of family members who voted for him. Not trying to be a smart ass -- and I accept the Hillary hate -- but I cannot understand why anyone would vote for him. Everything else aside, his temperament is completely opposite of what you'd want in a leader.

9. YankeeFan

Don't you mean grammar alt-right?

10. YankeeFan

Yeah, but were you shocked to learn that any of them voted for him?

Sounds like most of the were republicans, who voted for the republican nominee.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No. In fact, nearly every Republican I know voted for Johnson.

12. YankeeFan

In Illinois, Indiana, or both?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.