1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Didn't that happen in California decades ago when Black Panthers were waving weapons and walking up to cops mid-arrest, reading rights with a sawed-off resting on the shoulder?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Neera Tanden, pushing for a recount, and retweeting folks who are suggesting the election was stolen.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Let's just make the election a best of 7.

Batman likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And it led to then Gov. Reagan and the NRA coming out in favor of gun control laws.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's when Reagan had his religious conversion to gun control

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good look at the fake news regarding the ascendancy of the neo nazis:

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump hires the leader of the most-influential alt-right news site. But it's The Media normalizing it.

Gotcha. Sure. Yep. OK.

TowelWaver, Killick and FileNotFound like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Designated Survivor?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To preface, I think Clinton challenging the results is a non-starter, no-win situation. I dislike the result. Hate it. But she should have won in a blowout and she didn't. I blame the 50 percent of the country that couldn't be bothered to vote.

And yeah, Clinton is going to win the popular vote by 2 million. Makes me angry, too. But the rules are the rules. Been in place for 240 years. Unless they are changed in the future, that's the way it goes. My vote does count less than someone else's vote.

But what I find alarming? States don't have a uniform way of voting. In Wisconsin, why do some same-day voters uses paper ballots, and why do some use touch sceeens?

That seems insane to me. Were the machines hacked? I have no idea and we'll likely never know for sure.

I get that the process is left up to the states. For security, that's probably more secure.

But why does't each state have a uniform process? Seems like it leaves lot of room for manipulation at a hard-to-detect level.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.