1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He just thought they should have 3/5 of a bullet.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

On the night of the election posted the same thing and was kind of stunned to find out that paper ballots are still used.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Certainly no system is tamper proof. Ballot boxes can be stuffed. But it seems easier to hack touch screen systems. But I'm kinda talking out of my ass. Don't really know.

I've always had a paper ballot in New York. Assumed everyone in the state did it the same way.

Finding out Wisconsin uses different methods is odd.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I heard stories leading up to the election talking about how absolutely hard it is to hack the electronic voting machines. Ironically it was in the context of debunking Trump's claims the system could be hacked em masse. Assuming the machines, software, storage devices, etc never at any time are exposex to the internet, it becomes royally difficult. There is still a chance to get a virus on to a machine, but to do so would put you at almost certain risk of being caught because you have to jump between machines individually. You'd have to have access before hand or have paid a lot of people off to rig them at the site or rig the vote when it's collected. The shere scale makes it difficult to execute.

As much as I want there to be a miracle that prevents Trump from assuming power, it's not going to pan out because of rigged machines. I don't even want to imagine what happens in this country if the vote is overturned.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Full transcript. Should be a fun read.

7. Songbird

TRUMP: ... Everybody wanted to do this. People are giving up tremendous careers in order to be subject to you folks and subject to a lot of other folks. But they’re giving up a lot. I mean some are giving up tremendous businesses in order to sit for four or maybe eight or whatever the period of time is. But I think we’re going to see some tremendous talent, tremendous talent coming in. We have many people for every job. I mean no matter what the job is, we have many incredible people. I think, Reince, you can sort of just confirm that. The quality of the people is very good.

REINCE PRIEBUS, Mr. Trump’s choice for chief of staff: [inaudible]

dixiehack and FileNotFound like this.
  8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So Trump called down NBC for using unflattering pictures of him that show his double chins?

I guess the skin *is* kind of thin right there...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, because everybody who agreed with his eloquent speech that night knew his entire Twitter history.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is noteworthy what a small percentage of posts by Trump supporters here are about all the keen new stuff he's gonna do and how many are just nursing the same old grievances. Neener-neener is not much of a platform for governing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.