1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I were placed in a situation where I had to have persuasive logical arguments about hundreds of issues I had never thought about until now, I bet I'd struggle, too.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I swear, no one remembers previous campaigns.

Obama complained to Maureen Dowd about her making fun of his ears:

You talked about my ears. I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- what I told them was, ''I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.' "

MSNBC's Carlson joins Limbaugh in taking Obama "big ears" comment seriously

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Identity politics is so much more productive.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

MICHAEL BARBARO, political reporter: Mr. President-elect, can I press you a little further on what structures you would put in place to keep the presidency and the company separate and to avoid things that, for example, were reported in The Times in the past 24 hours about meeting with leaders of Brexit about wind farms …

TRUMP: About meeting with who?

BARBARO: Leaders of Brexit about wind farms that might interfere with the views of your golf course and how to keep, what structures, can you talk about that meeting, by the way?

TRUMP: Was I involved with the wind farms recently? Or, not that I know of. I mean, I have a problem with wind …

BARBARO: But you brought it up in the meeting, didn’t you?

TRUMP: Which meeting? I don’t know. I might have.

BARBARO: With leaders of Brexit.

MANY VOICES: With Farage.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If there is something to this -- and it's funny that a guy named Haldeman is among the computer experts urging the Clinton campaign to look into it -- I really don't know what's worse:

Letting Trump play president when he or some other forces may have rigged the vote.

Or overturning everything and saying Hillary is president. Don'tthink that would be popular.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

UNKNOWN: What do you make of the website he ran, Breitbart?

TRUMP: The which?

UNKNOWN: Breitbart.

TRUMP: Well, Breitbart’s different. Breitbart cover things, I mean like The New York Times covers things. I mean, I could say that Arthur is alt-right because they covered an alt-right story.

SULZBERGER: [laughing] I am, I am. I’ll take whatever you say. I am always right, but I’m not alt-right.

[laughter, cross talk]

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I swear, you never read the links you post - otherwise you wouldn't seriously write Obama complained to Dowd and then link a story where it explains he was joking and includes a line where he says his wife does it too and he loves her for it.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well if you need to be set straight on anybody's racial attitudes, Breitbart is the place to do it.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

There were some changes to the Sauk County, Wis., results that lowered the final vote totals, since one of the claims was that turnout was above 100 percent is places like Baraboo and Wisconsin Dells. Unfortunately, DailyKos or the various "It was rigged" websites ever bothered to download the documents. I saw the discrepancies, but didn't examine it closely and didn't keep a copy, either. I am just wondering why these sites never ask election officials in these counties to comment. Another thing is the appeal to authority some are making. You see a lot of mentions of "Richard Hayes Philips, Ph.D."

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lynn Sweet soft softened it, writing that Obama said it in a "kidding" way.

He's clearly sensitive about his ears. He's talked about it on several occasions.

It's silly to think that Trump is unique, or thin skinned, because he didn't like to photo NBC was using.

We've seen this kind of thing before. Obama was constantly shown with his head framed is a fucking halo during his 2008 run. Republicans are often shown in an unflattering picture. This isn't new, and it's not by accident. Photo choice is an editorial decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.