1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Does he realize that Mattis was one of the most influential leaders in the entire military?

Or, did it only start "losing" after Mattis retired?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump's platform has never been more than an applause line and "We'll work out the details later".

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

More fake news on CNN:

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some people have a steel trap mind. Trump has an Etch A Sketch. Whatever he bleats out today, someone different will come along tomorrow, shake the slate clean and replace it with whatever picture they want.

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And provide a copy of the police report.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

White nationalists all look alike. Easy mistake.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Guess what: Part of the plan is to get rid of public schools!

Trump selects DeVos as Education secretary

Betsy DeVos, Education Reformer and Charter Champion, Should be Secretary of Education

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What kind of smokes? What kind of beer?

9. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

It's an editorial decision, yes, but you've moved the goalposts of your original argument in which you countered claims of President-elect Trump's thin skin with evidence of President Obama's inability to handle teasing while citing a story in which he seemed to self-deprecatingly address the subject of his big ears. Yet even if he really was overly sensitive about his ears, it's still not equivalent because NBC News wasn't calling Trump double-chin, they just used a picture that he deemed unflattering.

10. YankeeFan

I can't even remember what silliness you were saying had occurred.

I just remember you offered no proof.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's a cheery thought. Since Trump has no intention of taking his name off his owned and/or branded properties, terrorists the world over now have an abundance of soft targets they and everybody else would regard as direct strikes on the US, many in countries with, to be polite, overstretched security forces. I sure as shit wouldn't stay in a Trump hotel or locate my business in a Trump tower in those countries even if I loved the guy.

12. YankeeFan

Jeb! praises:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.