1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To be fair, there were plenty of racists that went after the Obama kids. It was awful. But that was wrong and going after Trump's kid is wrong. Plain and simple.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

No box of laundry detergent left behind.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You are horribly mistaken.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They absolutely have. Virulent and degrading things. Very Trump like. He has been vile to people for years without regard to their families So his family is fair game including his incest partner and little von Shtrump.

Besides, the kid can't read so he doesn't know

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And let's be honest, you want to joke the kid looks like he will grow up to be the villain in an 80s movie, that's not the classiest thing, but whatever. Making a crack about Obama's daughter working for Lena Dunham, probably toeing the line.

But I'd really like to think reasonable adults can lay off racist comments or jokes about autism/mental handicaps when it comes to underage children.

7. heyabbott

I'd like to think you're right but I'm pretty sure that the kids trump wants to deport after spending all their lives here don't care about the niceties of treating the trumps like civilized people.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They did. For example, Fox News ended up disabling comments on an article about Malia Obama choosing to attend Harvard due to the racist responses.

That said, there is no excuse for going after Trump's young child, no matter what was done by people on the other side of the political aisle.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is it really a thing that Trump's youngest has some issue or another? Or is all of it just so much interwebz/politics nonsense? I'm hesitant to wade into a Google search, if @heyabbott is a representative slice of that discussion.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

It's the cost of doing business trump style. It's not ok that he gets to hurt others with expecting a return

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.