1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Look, I like you, and you don't have to take advice from me.

But, you embarrass yourself when you use a word like that. It really is unacceptable to use, and that's not by my standard.

We're probably of similar age, and I get it. I used to use the word. It wasn't a big deal. Even now, I sometimes catch myself calling someone or something "retarded". Old habits are hard to break.

But, when you're writing, and have a chance to choose your words more deliberately, in means you've made an active choice to use the word, despite knowing better.

It's an ugly choice. It's hurtful, and it's more ugly and hurtful when we know it's a deliberate choice.

bigpern23, franticscribe, JC and 2 others like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump has tweeted that he won the electoral college in a "landslide" (306-228 margin sixth largest last eight elections) and won popular vote except for "millions of illegal votes." He's delusional and apparently intent of returning voting to whites only. There's going to be something close to civil war during his administration,

3. YankeeFan

Yes. And she also gave him a full throated endorsement after losing to him in the primary:

The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama, the next president of the United States.

(APPLAUSE)

Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him.

(APPLAUSE)

And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.

(APPLAUSE)

I have served in the Senate with him for four years. I have been in this campaign with him for 16 months. I have stood on the stage and gone toe-to-toe with him in 22 debates. I've had a front-row seat to his candidacy, and I have seen his strength and determination, his grace and his grit.

In his own life, Barack Obama has lived the American dream, as a community organizer, in the State Senate, as a United States senator. He has dedicated himself to ensuring the dream is realized. And in this campaign, he has inspired so many to become involved in the democratic process and invested in our common future.

Now, when I started this race, I intended to win back the White House and make sure we have a president who puts our country back on the path to peace, prosperity and progress. And that's exactly what we're going to do, by ensuring that Barack Obama walks through the doors of the Oval Office on January 20, 2009.

Hillary Clinton Endorses Barack Obama

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Good grief, it's astounding how insecure Trump is. Not an inspiring quality. It'll be tons of fun when someone plants a fake story about the Canadian PM saying Trump has a tiny penis and he nukes Toronto.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I named my handle after three bursts of flatulence. I am actually snickering while I type this, but do you think I give a shit here about feeling embarrassed about anything?
    And here we all thought the Trump wave was about erasing political correctness.
    I went to an all-boys military school. Even the teachers called us retards.
    Fart will legislate his own morality.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump has read "Team of Rivals"?

7. YankeeFan

The phrase exists independently of the book.

I didn't give any indication that I thought Trump had read the plagiarist's book.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Never say "full-throated" when discussing Clintons. They're touchy about that.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

An Apology to Donald Trump From Mitt Romney

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Dumpf read a comic book once where Bluto and Brutus teamed up against Popeye.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for this Trump pivot. He's flat-out lying when he says he would have won the popular vote. Flat-out lying.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump Admits Widespread Voter Fraud
    50 State recount needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.