1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Sorry, but once you control for standard measures, the difference is almost negliable when comparing paper and electronic voting.

Halderman even stated he doesn't think the results were tainted by hacking.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jill Stein admitted in an interview with NPR that she doesn't think this will alter the results, nor is that her aim. In reading her comments, it appears this is A) to keep the process transparent and put her name and party in the headlines for the next election and B) to ultimately change the technology we actually use to vote.

"In my view, this is not likely at all to change the outcome, and that's what the computer and voting security experts say as well. They are not expecting the outcome to change here. But it's the voters who benefit by standing up and saying we deserve a voting system that is secure in which we know our votes are being counted and our votes are being respected."

When asked about whether she would have gone ahead with a recount if Clinton had won, she still says yes.

"I would have because the security experts and researchers have told us for quite some time that we have a voting system which is essentially an invitation to tampering, to hacking and to human error."

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't recognize her from the meetings, but to be fair, there's been a lot of new people at them since Trump's campaign started, and I don't recognize everyone.

Plus, more and more attendees have been wearing hoods.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Some of the people I love the absolute most in the whole world are Trump supporters.

Engaging in some sort of "Here's an example of a terrible person who supports the other candidate!" as a broad brush should be below the belt for both sides.

QYFW likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As an undergrad I took a creative writing class taught by my alma mater's writer-in-residence. His one sorta-big novel (it got published by a pretty good university press) involved terribly racist people being terribly human. He told me that when he was writing it he was trying to capture the tension of knowing that you might dearly love someone who holds views that horrify you.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This is the internet, buddy. Go peddle your well considered and reasonable opinions some place else.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

C) Get a bunch of dopes to give me money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.