1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This statement comes up a bit short.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you ever wonder why so much disdain exists for the media it's that journalists will, with a straight face, refer to a world famous brain surgeon as a know-nothing.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump took a bump!

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The mere mention of Reich puts me in Maynard G. Krebs mode ... Reich! Reich!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

It's cool, because the President elect is retweeting 16-year-olds. Remember when we at least pretended that office should have dignity?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think you're missing a...

third Reich

Anyone know someone in hell you want me to say hi to when I go? And I'll self impose my timeout

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is this the first time a Reich has done something relevant since the 1992 AFC wild card game?

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, Trump wasn't "furious" with Conway?

Kellyanne Conway, one of President-elect Donald J. Trump’s senior advisers, was about to board a flight back to New York on Monday morning when she caught a glimpse of the headline crawling across television screens in the terminal.

“SOURCES: TRUMP ‘FURIOUS’ OVER CONWAY COMMENTS ABOUT ROMNEY,” screamed the headline on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program.

Ms. Conway quickly dialed Mr. Trump, as well as Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and confidant, seeking reassurance that the headline was wrong.

She got it.

Ms. Conway, the Republican pollster and strategist who managed Mr. Trump’s improbable campaign, said the president-elect was neither surprised nor angered by her public excoriation a day earlier of former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, a top prospect for secretary of state in the Trump administration.

“When he’s upset with someone, they know it,” Ms. Conway said in a telephone interview late Monday afternoon. While her public display may have bothered some members of Mr. Trump’s transition team, by all accounts, her close relationship with the next occupant of the Oval Office remains secure.

Mr. Trump, in a statement emailed Monday evening by his spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said: “Kellyanne came to me and asked whether or not she could go public with her thoughts on the matter. I encouraged her to do so. Most importantly she fully acknowledged there is only one person that makes the decision. She has always been a tremendous asset and that will continue.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/us/politics/kellyanne-conway-donald-trump.html?_r=0

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, I loved that show when it was on Nick at Nite.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.