1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Attacker at Ohio State University killed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't count them number of times someone from the Web desk would call in a huff about some rumor being Tweeted about one of the colleges we covered and demand we get something up now.

They didn't really care if it was true or not -- only that we were getting "beat" on this thing that might be true. Or not.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Justify My Arrogance. Is that a Madonna song?

By the way, Mr. Outsider, people have complained about journalists since ink was invented. So get in line.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. No difference now. Nothing to see here. Everything is fine.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's not just a Twitter thing. The local noon news was reporting a red car driving into a crowd of people and two people jumping out, one with a knife and the other with a gun. All news media screws up at the beginning of a drama. On the Media did a story about it three years ago.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So we're back to Square One.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or rather, he worried about praying in public because he didn't want people to think he was a violent Muslim. Then he got frustrated in his attempts for a separate prayer room and decided if people were going to judge him and his religion as being violent, then he might as well act out violently.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Or you could talk to all those people and publish something you can put your integrity behind when you have something that qualifies.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I like Ace more when he's playing statistician.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Suggestive Detectives would make a really cool band name.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Which is the process I tried to describe earlier that got roundly ignored amid all the dick-swinging.

It's also a process that can still fit into the immediacy-trumps-accuracy environment we've created for ourselves.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't know about work best, but I can tell you which one will save your fuckin' paycheck in 2016.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Got it. Wanted prayer room. Didn't get one in his first semester at the university. Hit people with car and stabbed people.
    Roger. Just trying to make some sense of this.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted