1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Look, there is Alabama, and there is everyone else.

There are 5-6-7 teams who are the next 3 and USC is in whatever grouping you put together.

USC, Ohio State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Michigan, Washington and if you wanted to throw 'em in there Oklahoma and Penn State.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pac-12 SOS is a case of teams getting credit for playing (not beating) good teams and then bootstrapping each other toward the high ranking during league play. As a conference, the best OOC win for any of them is Utah over BYU (8-4).

poindexter likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's not what I asked. You said USC is one of the 4 best teams today.
    Of (let's just say it comes down to ) Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Washington....who is USC better than?

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

All except Alabama.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Please tell me you forgot the blue font.

6. LongTimeListener

Herbstreit is on right now saying if there's a second Big Ten team, it's going to be ... Michigan. Wins over Wisconsin and Penn State would be the decider.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USC right now is the 2nd best team behind Alabama.

I'd take them to beat any other team.

8. LongTimeListener

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

With Ohio State 2 and Penn State still 7, sounds like Ohio State is in fact in regardless of what happens this weekend.

Also, with Colorado now ahead of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, the Big 12 is probably out even if Clemson and Washington both lose.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Trojans have won eight games in a row being dominant on offense, defense and special teams. No blue font. They are the second best team in the country.

11. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

You're going to take two teams from the same conference, neither of which even played in the conference championship game? That's the worst scenario I've heard this week. You might as well draw straws. Michigan needs to take its whiny head coach and go play in a bowl game no one cares about.

12. LongTimeListener

The contagion is spreading.

I guess this is a great outlook though, because it can't be disproven by the Holiday Bowl matchup.

Draft saved Draft deleted